Tillerson Speaks on Military Option Against North Korea


Time: 11:00 a.m. CEST

The U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced that military action is “an option” against North Korea. Tillerson said on Friday, “all options are on the table.” During a news conference in Seoul with Yun Byung-se, the South Korean foreign minister, Tillerson explained, “certainly we do not want for things to get a military conflict, we are quite clear on that in our communications, but obviously if North Korea takes actions that threaten the South Korean forces or our own forces, then that would be met with an appropriate response.” As the Washington Post writes, “North Korea has said that it is working on an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of striking the United States’ mainland, and has shown clear progress in its missile program in tests over the last year.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s