President Obama Final Address To UN General Assembly Dedicated to Global Economy, Refugee Crisis, Climate Change

Time: 7:20 p.m. CEST

“The Paris Agreement gives us a framework to act, but only if we scale up our ambition,” Obama said during his farewell speech at the United Nations General Assembly.

President Barack Obama warned in his last speech as the U.S. president to the 71st United Nations General Assembly that, “A world in which 1% of humanity controls as much wealth as the other 99% will never be stable.” As Obama pointed out in the speech at the U.N., the integrated economy enabled better life for billions of men, women and children. “Over the last 25 years, the number of people living into poverty has been cut to nearly 40 percent of humanity to fewer than 10 percent. That is unprecedented.”

The President offered his view on the start contrast between the success of Republic of Korea and the wasteland of North Korea shows that central planed controlled economy is a dead end.

“I do believe there is another path; one that fuels growth, innovation and offers the clearest root to individual opportunity and national security. It is not requires succumbing to a capitalism that benefits only the few, but rather recognize that economies are more close together when we closed the gap between rich and poor,” Obama said.

President Obama did not openly talked about ways to enable peace in Syria, but pledged to the countries to welcome refugees. “We must open our hearts and do more to help refugees who are desperate for a home,” Obama said amid the engagement inside the U.S. to bring more refuges of Syria to the U.S. in the fiscal 2017. But, the appeal was not only to the Congress, but as well to the countries that wrestle with concerns of immigrations and changes of demographics.

“We should all welcome the pledges of increased assistance that have been made at this Assembly gathering. We have to follow through, even when the politics are hard. In the eyes of innocent women, men, children who no fault to their one, had had to flee everything they know, everything that they love, we have to have empathy to see ourselves,” Obama said.

Despite the economy, both domestic and globally, Obama addressed the issue of climate change, which should be one of his presidency legacies. “The Paris Agreement gives us a framework to act, but only if we scale up our ambition.” And we have a sense of urgency bringing the agreement into force, helping poor countries led from destructive form of energy,” Obama said. The President warned that “If we do not act boldly, the bill that could come due would be mass migrations, and cities submerges, nations displaced and food supplies dissipated and conflicts born out of despair.”

Later on September 20, President Obama will host his refugee summit, in which he would address some of the points he already made the final address to the United Nations as a president.


One thought on “President Obama Final Address To UN General Assembly Dedicated to Global Economy, Refugee Crisis, Climate Change

  1. There is no doubt in my mind that Mr Obama is one of the worlds greatest leader. He clearly demonstrates the ability to look between and beyond the egoistic power broker landscape, which is dominated by dangerous minds spreading these dangerous diseases called WAR, SRGREGATION and the lock of respect for GOD and Humanity. He skilfully articulates the dangers in the folly of this brand of CAPITALISM without conscience, and at the same time point out the consequential tragedies in the suppression of human freedom, justice, tolerance and equality. The celebration of EVIL has no place in his vision. Mr President you were not able to deliver on all counts, which was impossible under the given circumstances, butt you certainly made your mark. Your critics will only be silent when history validates you. Great job, God bless. Peace.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.