Time: 5:08 p.m. CEST
On Monday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation released transcripts of the reported 911 calls from the shootings at the night club in Orlando. FBI and other law-enforcement authorities held a news conference outside the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. A FBI agent Ron Hopper said that, Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, made “murderous statements“… in a chilling, calm and deliberate manner. The Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said that there were no shoots in the three hours between the start of the shooting and hostage-rescue operations.
Orlando Police Chief John Mina said that some of their negotiators talked to Mateen during the standoff. Mina had said cannot talked about the video, as it is the part of the investigation, as a reporter asked if the police officers could watch the movements of Mateen inside the club during the incident. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said the “limited transcripts” are retracted in accordance with the state laws and are released as much as possible.
This is the partial transcript with omitted words, as spoken in Arabic.
- Orlando Police Dispatcher (OD): Emergency 911, this is being recorded.
- Shooter (OM): In the name of God the Merciful, the beneficial [in Arabic]
- OD: What?
- OM: Praise be to God, and prayers as well as peace be upon the prophet of God [in Arabic]. I let you know, I’m in Orlando and I did the shootings.
- OD: What’s your name?
- OM: My name is I pledge of allegiance to [omitted].
- OD: Ok, What’s your name?
- OM: I pledge allegiance to [omitted] may God protect him [in Arabic], on behalf of [omitted].
- OD: Alright, where are you at?
- OM: In Orlando.
- OD: Where in Orlando?
- [End of call.]